McAfee SaaS Email Inbound FilteringProtecting your vital business network against email-borne threats
Protecting your business network today requires an effective, robust, and reliable email protection solution. McAfee SaaS Email Inbound Filtering offers a cloud-based solution that protects your enterprise network. It blocks more than 99% of spam, viruses, worms, fraudulent messages, and other malware—and helps eliminate the costs of contamination, remediation, wasted bandwidth, and unnecessary storage.
More than 90% of all email traffic today is unwanted mail. Spam, viruses, worms, and other malware are constant threats to your email systems and information assets. In this environment, you need a strong defense.
McAfee SaaS Email Inbound Filtering is your defense in the cloud. It offers robust, comprehensive inbound email security to protect your entire network. This multilayered, perimeter-based solution analyzes the email flowing into your organization and blocks over 99% of spam, viruses, worms, phishing scams, and other malware threats in the cloud, before they ever reach your network.
Because SaaS Email Inbound Filtering is a cloud-based service, there’s no hardware or software to buy or maintain. As a result, you are able to reduce your spam-related costs by approximately 90%.
The advanced technology powering SaaS Email Inbound Filtering includes:
- More than 20 separate filters
- Patented Stacked Classification Framework for advanced spam detection and blocking
- Industry-leading, signature-based virus scanning
- Proprietary WormTraq detection and interception technology
- Content and attachment filtering
- Email attack protection
- Fraud protection
SaaS Email Inbound Filtering provides an intuitive set-and-forget management experience through our web-based administrative and reporting portal. It includes sophisticated quarantine management, comprehensive email threat reporting, and fine-tuned email protection.
In addition, experts at McAfee Labs use Global Threat Intelligence to provide a dynamic, proactive defense that protects against the very latest inbound threats. You'll get around-the-clock threat management, trend monitoring, up-to the-minute research, immediate and automatic deployment of updates and patches, and zero-hour protection.
Block threats in the cloud
SaaS Email Inbound Filtering offers multi-layered, perimeter-based protection that blocks more than 99 percent of spam, viruses, worms, phishing scams, and other malware threats in the cloud, before they ever reach your network.
Reduce spam-related costs
Because SaaS Email Inbound Filtering is a cloudbased service, there’s no hardware or software to buy, maintain, manage, or update. As a result, you are able to substantially reduce your IT expenses as well as the costs associated with network contamination, remediation, and wasted bandwidth.
Multilayered messaging protection
The SaaS Email Inbound Filtering service includes essential multilayered email protection features, including:
- Precise spam blocking—Block over 99 percent of spam and radically reduce spam-related costs. Our Stacked Classification Framework® uses a patented multilayered method to assess and determine the probability that an email is spam. Each of more than 20 separate layers of filtering has a set of unique strengths designed to identify and stop specific threats. This combination creates one of the most accurate and comprehensive filtering processes in the industry.
- Triple virus and worm scanning—Proprietary WormTraq® worm detection technology identifies and intercepts zero-hour mass mailing worms before they enter your corporate network, while our industry-leading signaturebased anti-virus engine keeps viruses at bay
- Content and attachment filtering—Reduce corporate liability and risk. Intelligent message processing identifies, quarantines, and blocks unwanted, malicious, and sensitive content and attachments.
- Email attack protection—Conceal your network and critical messaging gateways from the public Internet. Instantly block denial of service and other SMTP-based attacks, including dictionary harvest attacks, email bombs, and channel flooding
- Fraud protection—Keep employees safe from the risks of fraud and phishing scams
- Secure message delivery—The Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol filters encrypted inbound messages and delivers them across a secure tunnel when recipients are TLS-enabled. If a recipient is unable to receive a TLS-encrypted message, SaaS Email Inbound Filtering delivers it via standard SMTP.
- Premium anti-spam multi-language filter—Bolster your defense against real-time spam attacks and rapidly identify zero-hour spam, regardless of language. This filter is also effective at identifying image-based spam and phishing emails, and is continually updated based on real-time feedback provided by a global network of users.
- Sophisticated end-user and administrator quarantine management—External quarantine process significantly reduces email administration and false positives
- Streamlined email management—Through our web-based administration and reporting console, it’s simple to customize the service to meet your exact business needs
Unparalleled support services
The SaaS Email Inbound Filtering service also includes support services to provide a dynamic, proactive defense that protects against the very latest inbound threats:
- Automated, around-the-clock threat monitoring and protection—Experts at McAfee Labs use McAfee Global Threat Intelligence to monitor web traffic trends and provide you with real-time updates and protection, 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Dedicated customer service—The McAfee support team is available to answer your account and billing questions via a toll-free phone number or online 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Account provisioning and configuration support—The McAfee provisioning team will work with you to activate and configure your account
- Comprehensive reference manuals—Download administrator and end-user reference manuals for help with activation, configuration, administration, and reporting
Unrivaled business benefits
The benefits of selecting SaaS Email Inbound Filtering service enable you to:
- Block threats before they reach your network—McAfee SaaS Email Inbound Filtering works in the cloud to block more than 99 percent of all spam, viruses, worms, phishing scams, and other inbound email threats outside your network
- Protect your email the simple way—Activate your solution quickly with a simple mail exchange (MX) record redirection. Easy setup and administration further accelerate time-to-protection.
- Focus on your core business—When you streamline management via our unified webbased administrative console, you unburden IT staff from day-to-day threat management, freeing them to focus on strategic projects that drive your business forward
- Avoid capital expenditure—Get the most sophisticated features at the most attractive price point. With our Security-as-a-Service solutions, there’s no hardware or software to buy, maintain, manage, or update.
- Improve your bottom line—Reduce business disruption, increase employee productivity, eliminate capital expenditures for online security, and reduce IT labor costs and risks associated with in-house email threat management
McAfee SaaS Email Inbound Filtering managed service empowers you to:
- Block email threats before they reach your network
- Protect your email the simple way
- Avoid capital expenditure
- Focus on your core business
- Improve your bottom line
Tough, sophisticated email filtering
- No hardware or software to buy, maintain, manage, or update
- No up-front capital outlay
- No setup or upgrade fees
- 24x7 customer support at no extra charge
You will need your own email domain, such as yourdomain.com; a static IP address or a host name that resolves to an IP address; and a dedicated mail server, either in-house or hosted by an ISP.Activation starts with a simple MX record redirection. You can begin filtering using pre-established default settings, or you can easily fine-tune the settings to your specifications through our intuitive web-based administration console.